Rapids Riders Logo

Re: St.croix

August 10, 2020 02:34PM
Just went. You can scout from bridge or get close and personal under the bridge on WI side. You'll see a big boulder under bridge nearest WI. You can surf behind it. Now, look a little downriver from the bridge (river center). See a boulder to catch on the fly. You gotta ferry over from the first boulder to catch it. If you miss, probably can't re-attain it. If you stick it, there's also gnar waves right and left of it but I missed, no second chance, its like catching the bull at wausau. If theres a ferry boat parked, stay river center. Towards the end of this short run you can attain back up WI side and surf here and there. Not the best playpark but it's all we got right now.

There is a ferry boat. Stay clear. It tours at 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m. if you want to try to attain waves up the MN side, and hey, after they depart you should not go on the back side of their cement launch and use that as a take-out. Then you should not walk up their parking lot thru the new set of parking lot gates and out. I say this because I suppose the gates will get locked all the time when the ferry is on a tour if they realize too much playboat foot traffic is occurring. Good luck finding somewhere you can get out and hike back to the car.

To put-in on Mn side, you'll either have to find some street parking or have a MNDNR parking sticker and park in the lot then cross Hwy 8 and down the slippery slide stair trail to the fishy sticky area above the bridge and warm up. Ferry over to the WI side to catch that first boulder.

If I had a WI sticker, I'd stash a bike at the beach downstream then park and access at the WI upper campground. Then ride back.

Enjoy

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2020 08:54AM by chaac.
Subject Author Views Posted

St.croix

Lucashio 81 August 10, 2020 05:58AM

chaac 100 August 10, 2020 02:34PM

Lucashio 29 September 13, 2020 01:30AM

chaac 25 September 15, 2020 03:17AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login